Thursday, June 12, 2008

Recent comments

Nothing missed out this time. These continue from the last 'recent comments' post.

On Jun 11 Anonymous commented on robert adams again: “@Murali,"Should we just keep repeating that I am the doer?" That's an exercise in futility. The "I am the doer" idea is nothing but ahamkara(ego) -…”

On Jun 11 Anonymous commented on robert adams again: “"how come everybody's mind project the same way my mind does?"Let's say you're having a conversation with your friend by the Niagara falls, enjoying…”

On Jun 11 Anonymous commented on robert adams again: “If everything is projection of the mind...lets say for example the Niagara falls [even a picture of the falls], how come everybody's mind project the…”

On Jun 11 Murali commented on robert adams again: “David,This is simply fantastic. The words are so direct like arrows. Thanks for posting this treasure. Especially, his emphasis on relentless…”

On Jun 11 Jupes commented on robert adams again: “You are absolutely right, Anonymous, about the way we keep asking the same questions, and the answers just keep coming, from whatever source. I…”

On Jun 11 Bissett commented on robert adams again: “For communication sake I say, any one that has been with Ramana, Nisargadatta, and others that haverealized the cosmic joke of being a human, self…”

On Jun 11 Anonymous commented on robert adams again: “Wonderful post. Robert Adams explanations cut to the chase! Its amazing how we (me included) keep asking the same questions, and people like Robert…”

On Jun 11 Krishna commented on robert adams again: “A wonderful account from Robert Adams .Thanks for sharing this .”

On Jun 11 Anonymous commented on recent comments_10: “Did he have a close disciple? How did he pass away? Were you there when he passed away?Anything you can share based on your knowledge and…”

On Jun 11 Vivek commented on yes but what do i do: “David Godman,Many thanks for this post. I have wondered in the past as to whether self - enquiry could be categorised as a spiritual activity or…”

On Jun 11 Ary commented on yes but what do i do: “Namaskar David, I appreciate your work so far (the little I have read).Namaskar Murali, I want to share my personal experience regarding both…”

On Jun 10 Murali commented on yes but what do i do: “Thanks.My effort-hypnotised mind is happy that I need to put determined effort to practice Self-Enquiry to reach effort-less ness:-)Personally,the…”

On Jun 10 David Godman commented on recent comments_10: “I asked Annamalai Swami about his life in Palakottu after Bhagavan died, but he didn't want to talk about it. He was only interested in talking about…”

On Jun 10 David Godman commented on yes but what do i do: “MuraliI thought this would come up. Have a look at the quote that is appended to verse 27 of Padamalai. There, Bhagavan is saying that for those who…”

On Jun 10 Anonymous commented on recent comments_10: “David,Is there any possibility you can share with us more details/anecdotes on the life of Annamalai Swami following the Mahasamadhi of Bhagavan? He…”

On Jun 10 Jupes commented on yes but what do i do: “Murali, I don't think your question(s) are immature at all. Very apt, in fact.David, as I was reading this I thought of something from the interview…”

On Jun 10 Murali commented on yes but what do i do: “David,How does this re-concile with the unremitting practice (effort) Bhagavan advocated? Is it not that practice (of turning 180 degrees) is needed…”

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi David, I just created a post on my new blog, relating Varanasi (Banaras) and advaita teachings, on which I feature links to your blog and some photos of you scrounged from the Net. Just wanted to clear this with you, if it is kosher I will keep it, otherwise I will take it down.
www.nondualvaranasi.blogspot.com
Thanks, Matthew Brown, Toronto

David Godman said...

No problem. Go ahead.

shiv said...

Dear David,

I have read all your books on Bhagavan. I have also read other bios of Bhagavan. However, I have not come across the life stories/experiences of several devotees of Bhagavan like Yogi Ramaiah (Paul Brunton says that the Yogi was one of the most advanced disciples of Bhagavan while Paramahamsa Yogananda comments similarly about the Yogi in his autobiography).

Perhaps, you could write Vol 4 of the Power of the Presence and include the life stories of devotees of Bhagavan like Yogi Ramaiah, Sadhu Om, the Osborne couple, Major Chadwick, Mr. Cohen and others ?

Please excuse me if I am imposing on you by making this suggestion.

Thank you,
shiv

David Godman said...

Several people have contacted me for information about Yogi Ramaiah. I did try to collect information on him, but there is so little available. I met the man who looks after his samadhi shrine in Andhra Pradesh a few years ago. This man knew Yogi Ramaiah personally, but even he could not supply me with enough information to make a chapter on him.

When I compiled The Power of the Presence I was mostly looking for long, first-person accounts of devotees' experiences with Bhagavan. Chadwick, Cohen and Arthur Osborne have all written such accounts, but there is very little personal information by Sadhu Om. My feeling right now is that the material by Osborne, Chadwick and Cohen is all well known to devotees. Recycling it in a new volume would not interest many people.

If I unexpectedly come across new material by new devotees that would fit this format, I might consider adding a fourth volume, but for now I consider the series to be finished.

ankara evden eve nakliyat said...

very nice blog thank you :)

Matthew Brown said...

Hi David, I just created a post on my new blog, relating Varanasi (Banaras) and advaita teachings, on which I feature links to your blog and some photos of you scrounged from the Net. Just wanted to clear this with you, if it is kosher I will keep it, otherwise I will take it down.
www.nondualvaranasi.blogspot.com
Thanks, Matthew Brown, Toronto

Anonymous said...

I read that you knew little of Yogi S. A. A. Ramaiah. What to say of Yogiar. He was one of only three souls alive that are totally surrendered to Kriya Babaji Nagaraj the great MahaSiddha.
This shtula was initiated into the very powerful techniques of Kriya Kundalini Pranayam and dhyanam by Yogi Ramaiah, as he learned from Babaji directly. Yogiar was an extremely dynamic personality, who could be very stern but very loving. None of his students could keep up with his unexhaustible energy. He was expert at crushing the ego of his students. He would say that Babaji would try to descend into the disciple but that he would smell something putrid, their ego. So it must be crushed smashed, lashed and mashed. And boy did he mash. Like rocks tossed on the river bed, until nice and smooth. He was the greatest Siddha alive at the time. I personally believe that he has attained soruba samhadi and is with Babaji at his ashram in Badrinath. Few others agree with me.
Om Kriya Babaji Nama Aum,
Om Sadguru Babaji Nama,
Om Shanti Shanti Shanti.

Unknown said...

Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle. See the link below for more info.


#effort
www.ufgop.org